Taking the opportunity of the Thirty Years of Mountain Wildereness, a conference entitled “Thirty Years of Mountain Wilderness”: rethinking the mountain, is planned on:
November 11th in Biella, in the Auditorium of the Banca Sella University of Business in Lanificio Maurizio Sella.
The following are highlights of the program:
- 9 am: Welcome address by: the Mayor of Biella; Kurt Diemberger, Honorary President of MW International; Alberto Rampini, President of Club Alpino Accademico Italiano; and Vincenzo Torti , President of CAI
- Panel discussion on mountains protection: interactions between mountaineering practices, environmental considerations and local mountain populations.
- Moderator: Annibale Salsa (anthropologist and former president of Club Alpino Italiano.
To introduce the discussions, MW International’s President Jordi Quera will present his view of the Mountain Wildernness status and recent main inititives of MW around the world (in Italian); a question and answer session open to the audience will follow. Are invited to the sessions: members of our association, of other similar associations, or people engaged in protecting the natural and cultural heritage of our mountains).
A simultaneous translation service will be available.
- Panel discussion on mountaineering ethics and the Biella Thesis,
- Moderator Sandro Gogna, MWI Guarantor
- This will be followed by presentations and a round table discussion on the MW presence and initiatives on the Italian and international scenes. Various MW national chapters will present their key activities.
- Moderator: Carlo Alberto Pinelli.
- 9 pm: Concerto of the Sant Ilario di Rovereto Choir. at the Biela Duomo.
See the Italian version here